Ecofique SAS Colombia is
a legally registered Colombian company
which has the exclusive rights of the name
ECOFIQUE COLOMBIA S.A.S. was established as a company on October 12, 2017 in a general meeting of shareholders, having its headquarters in the municipality of Versalles, in the Valle del Cauca. We started research processes more than 8 years ago with fique plants in the department of Valle del Cauca.
The founder, Willem Janssen’s greatest interest was in one of the fique crop residues, the juice and pulp, which at the time of defibering the leaves in the field are discarded on the ground as bagasse, contaminating the environment, water and groundwater sources.
In 2019 the Valle del Cauca plant was built with machinery designed by the research and development team. The plant came into operation in 2020 for the production of fertilizers, fungicides, insecticides and additives for concentrates of organic origin.
The raw material comes from the departments of Cauca, Caldas.
- Improve the quality of life of fique producers in Colombia.
- Green Objective – Mitigate the environmental impact in the field at the time of shredding – both the juice and the bagasse are poured directly onto the ground.
- Prepare products of organic origin for crops in transition to clean crops.
- Sale of machinery and equipment for fique profit centers.
- Installation and maintenance of machinery and equipment.
Ecofique S.a.S is a technology-based research company with a focus on development in the production of fique and social and environmental sustainability in Colombia.
We manufacture and market products resulting from transformation processes at our Versalles-Valle plant.
We manufacture products that serve as raw materials in the agricultural, pharmaceutical, food and beverage, construction, and cosmetic industries.
We serve both national and international markets.